OBSOLETED: Please use I2C-TRN-V2. This is for reference only.
The I2C-TRN board is an 8-pin CMOS device that translates voltage level. It allows bidirectional voltage translation between 1.2V and 5V, without the use of a direction pin. The low ON-state resistance of the switch allows connections to be made with minimal propagation delay. There are no external components required. This makes it perfect for embedded systems that require voltage translation between the master and slave.
This I2C-TRN designed ready for 5V to 3.3V translator. It allows 5V system to communicate to 3.3V device without having external 3.3V supply.
This board features innovations that set it apart from other voltage-level translator module. Innovations feature like on-board pull-up resistors, power LED and 3.3 V regulator, which make it ready for 5V to 3.3V translator. It can also use to power up external devices for up to 90mA. The module can be quickly connected directly on to the breadboard. The board is small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.57 inches.
The I2C-TRN is designed base on PCA9306 IC. This dual bidirectional I2C voltage-level translator, with an enable (EN) input, is operational from 1.2-V to 3.3-V VREF1 and 1.8-V to 5.5-V VREF2. When EN is high, the translator switch is ON, and the SCL1 and SDA1 I/O are connected to the SCL2 and SDA2 I/O, respectively, allowing bidirectional data flow between ports. When EN is low, the translator switch is off, and a high-impedance state exists between ports.
• Stand alone module, no external components required
• On-board 3.3 voltage regulator, pull-up resistors and power LED
• 2-Bit bidirectional translator for SDA and SCL lines in mixed-mode I2C applications
• Less than 4.5-ns maximum propagation delay to accommodate standard-mode and fast-mode I2C devices
• Allows voltage-level translator between
• 1.2V VREF1 and 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, or 5V VREF2
• 1.8V VREF1 and 2.5V, 3.3V, or 5V VREF2
• 2.5V VREF1 and 3.3V, or 5V VREF2
• 3.3V VREF1 and 5V VREF2
• Provide bidirectional voltage translation with no direction pin
• Open-drain I2C I/O ports provides less signal distortion
• Design easy for breadboard
• High quality double sided PCB
• Small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.57 inches
• Dual row 0.6” width, 0.1” pitch header pins
For more information please see:
I2C-TRN User Manual