The I2C-TMP board is a 6-pin CMOS 12-bit digital temperature sensor device using I2C bus. There are no external components required. Only two signal lines SDA and SCL plus supply voltage and ground are required to be connected. This makes it perfect for embedded systems that require temperature measurement.
This board features innovations that set it apart from other temperature sensor module. Innovations feature like on-board I2C address jumpers, pull-up resistors, and power LED. The module can be quickly connected directly on to the breadboard. The board is small and compact in size 0.70 x 0.60 inches.
The I2C-TMP is designed base on TMP175 IC. It is digital temperature sensors that are optimal for thermal management and thermal protection applications. The device is specified over a temperature range of −40C to +125C.
The sensing device is the chip itself. Thermal paths run through the package leads as well as the plastic package. The lower thermal resistance of metal causes the leads to provide the primary thermal path.
A jumper pins vary the fixed I2C address and allow up to 27 devices to share the same I2C bus.
• 27 addresses
• Resolution: 9- to 12-bit, user-selectable
+/- 1.5C (max) from -25C to +85C
+/- 2.0C (max) from -40C to +125C
• Stand alone module, no external components required
• On-board I2C address jumpers, pull-up resistors and power LED
• Decoupling supply voltage
• Design easy for breadboard
• High quality double sided PCB
• All SMT components
• Small and compact in size 1.50 x 2.05 inches
• Dual row 0.6” width, 0.1” pitch header pins
• Flexible operating power supply voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V
• Suitable for 3.3V or 5.0V microcontroller
For more information please see:
I2C-TMP User Manual
Basic Stamp BS2P example code:
PICAXE example code:
Arduino example code: